The anaphylaxis e-learning course was developed to meet the required learning outcomes in the Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines for the management of anaphylaxis in adults and children (anaphylaxis algorithms). This e learning anaphylaxis course also meets the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF) and Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers.
Aims and Objectives:
- To provide the learner with a clear understanding of the legislation and guidelines regarding the management of anaphylaxis
- To improve the awareness and response to adults and children who suffer from serious allergic reactions
- To provide essential anaphylaxis training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
What is covered:
This online anaphylaxis training course covers the following:
- A full understanding and awareness of UK allergy statistics
- Understand definition of anaphylaxis
- Know and can explain the causes of anaphylaxis
- Understand the symptoms of anaphylaxis
- Fully aware of treatments for anaphylaxis
- Understand everyday management of anaphylaxis
- Fully aware of the emergency anaphylaxis management procedure
- Can explain and use anaphylaxis management devices (adrenaline devices).
A certificate of competence will be issued on completion of the course.
Who is this training course for?
Anaphylaxis eLearning course should be completed by nurses and other healthcare and social care staff. This includes unpaid and voluntary staff working in NHS and private hospitals, allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants. This anaphylaxis training course online is also relevant for health and social care support workers, nursing and residential home staff.