Catheterisation training courses are aimed at professionals such as nurses, doctors and carers working in a healthcare setting. These courses will provide workers with the knowledge and understanding to perform the catherisation procedure on male or female patients.
What is covered in this online course?
- Confidently insert & withdraw a urinary catheter
- Describe the anatomy & physiology of the urinary tract
- Describe the reasons for using an indwelling catheter
- Discuss the complications of catheterisation
- Examine the pros and cons of intermittent catheterisation
- Be familiar with current catheter & drainage products
- Know how to troubleshoot catheter problems
- Know when to call for medical assistance
- Understand the emotional consequences of catheterisation
- State what records need required for catheter management
A Certificate of completion will be issued on completion of this course.
Who is this training course for?
Other Healthcare Professionals
Senior Support Workers