Duty of Care in Health and Social care e-learning course was developed to meet the required learning outcomes in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers.
Course aims and objectives
- Provide essential training resources in a meanigful and engaging way
- Additional elearning materials that can be used as quick references during the courses and in the workplace
- End of course knowledge assessments that will generate a FREE CPD certificate
What is covered in this online course?
- What is duty of care?
- Duty of care in practice
- Raising concerns
- Supporting independence
- Supporting people to make decisions
- Mental capacity and decision making
- Comments and complaints
- Complaints handling process
- Incidents, errors and near misses
- Legislation – incident reporting
- Managing conflict in the workplace
- Handling challenging behaviour in the workplace
- Online learning resources
A certificate of completion will be issued on completion of this course.
Who is this training course for?
Duty of care in Health and Social care eLearning course should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes unpaid and voluntary staff working in NHS and private hospitals, allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants. This online personal duty of care course is also relevant for health and social care support workers, nursing and residential home staff