Fluids and Nutrition e-learning course was developed to meet the required learning outcomes in the Skills for Care’s Care Certificate course and Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers.
Course aims and objectives
- To provide the learner with a clear understanding of the legislation regarding the management of fluids and nutrition in health and social care settings
- To provide with and understanding of why fluids and nutrition management is essential in health and social care settings
- To provide essential fluids and nutrition training resources in an engaging and meaningful way.
What is covered in this online course?
- An introduction into fluids and nutrition
- Food safety legislation
- Food allergens
- Food allergens and anaphylaxis
- Vulnerable people
- Food safety precautions
- Heath and well being
- Identifying poor nutrition and hydration
- Promoting adequate nutrition and hydration
- Assisting individuals with nutrition and hydration
- Other fluids and nutrition learning resources
A certificate of completion will be issued on successful completion of this course.
Who is this training course for?
This course should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes unpaid and voluntary staff working in NHS and private hospitals, allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants. This online fluids and nutrition course is also relevant for health and social care support workers, nursing and residential home staff.